Apr 6, 2007

praying and shopping-Aug 29th, 2005 at 02:46 PM

I went to jama masjid this morning..i was quite surprised to find peoplo feeding pigeons in the courtyard of the masjid...it is digusting...**** and feathers of those animals are dirty...how can that be in a mosque where people are supposed to be clean to pray??
anyway i found most people doing anything else than praying...not very religious atmosphere at all..mostly a tourist place i think, cause it is beautifull and big...that is all...quite disappointing i have to say..
then i finished my shopping in the bazaar, I wanted rose attar..i found it, of course cheaper than in france..
then i couldn't resist buying gold bracelets...because I had bought some cheap fake bangles...but with the sweat they cause my a rash...i am allergic! so only gold for me!...it was really expensive...the funy story is I wanted to buy one bracelet...and thought the price was high...i hesitated thinking i could probabably find better bets in Dubai...but it is a souvenir from india, and i would probably not find the same so... anyway i bought it...but when the jeweller packed it, i discovered that I just had bought 2 bracelets!!!!!!!!!! reason why the price was high!
I am very happy with the kajal i bought 2 days ago....so I bought 2 more to bring home today...one is only 10Rs...which is at least 50 times less than in france!...and desi kajal is so better than western make up..I mean when i try to put these western eyeliner in my eyes, in 1 hour it has gone down on my eyelids, making me looking like an old tired racoon...but desi kajal stays inside the eyes and the color of my eyes is highlited!

No comments: