Apr 6, 2007

dehli agaaaaaaaaaainnnnnnnnnn-Aug 27th, 2005 at 12:17 PM

This morning i took rishaw to Nizamudin shrine....what a deception that ladies are not alowed inside the shrine*mad*....aren't women and men equal acording to islam??? anyway that place was more used by hindus than muslim...so just looking tking pics and then....the last mughal building of dehli built in 18thcentury...wow! gorgeous, another red and white building like humayun tomb but smaller, inside a pretty garden with an alley of ponds surroundede by palmtrees....I really love it...took many many pics...
then i went to lodi garden...very pleasant place where you can chill out in the palm or fragipani shadow, surrounded bu cute squirrels...and there are two old tombs and a former masjid inside...
then i went to the very famous Karim's restaurant..in front of the Jama masjid..the cooking recipes are secrets dating back to the mughal time....they were court cooks from Saudi Arabia orginally...
and ordered chicken Noorjahani...because I am Noor, and people here usually say, noor ooh like Noor Jahan!....delicious!....a real treat the sauce was light green due to some pistachio i guess, and the naan was the most delicious I had tasted here in india...well i rarely eat bread honestly.
After I did some shopping in near Jama masjid: a lota, a namaz carpet, some bracelets, kajal for the eyes, some little medals with coranic inscriptions...the merchant asked me where you from? I said france, he said good, then whats your name I said Noor, he said mashallah...then asked muslim? I said yes..he was then speechless!...I learnt to shop the indian way...with my veil on my face people are less aware I am not indian, so I say " kitne hai?...get an answer in indian, and the price is lower than in english!!! for ex tha medals were do rupae, but five rupees...as indian price was given first to me...i got 5 medals for 10 rupess!!!!!!!!

No comments: